The Alana Kaye English College General English Full time course (CRICOS Code 112598M) is an amazing way to learn English while you have loads of fun with activities, events, and everything there is to see on the beautiful Gold Coast.
AKEC is a Cambridge English school, which means all of our teaching and learning resources are user-friendly and give you the most effective experience.
The AKEC General English Full time course will give you opportunities for further study in a certificate or diploma course, or even a degree at university. Our General English Full Time course will also help you improve your career and professional goals and outcomes.
AKEC believe in high-quality education that is easy for students to navigate, and making sure our students have as much fun as possible here on the sunny Gold Coast.
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions.
- understand simple written English.
- introduce yourself and answer basic questions about yourself.
- interact with English speakers at a basic level.
- read simple textbooks and articles in English.
- write letters and emails on everyday subjects.
- take meeting notes.
- show awareness of opinions and mood in spoken and written English.
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes, and ambitions.
- Can briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Upper Intermediate B2
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic, and professional purposes.
- Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors, and cohesive devices.
In addition to the language skills you acquire at AKEC, what you learn about yourself and Australia will stay with you and can be used in the future. After completing studies at AKEC, many students pursue higher education, either in their home country or here in Australia to gain more experiences that will help them achieve their professional and personal goals.
Higher education may include:
- A certificate course.
- A diploma course.
- A university degree.
Also, those goals may include professional advancement, a higher paying job, or simply a greater appreciation and knowledge of the world.
All students must be a minimum of 18 years old to enrol in an English course with AKEC.
- for full 64-week enrolment
- Application Fee (non-refundable) – $300
- Resource Fee – $10 per week (included in weekly tuition fee)
- Weekly Tuition Fee – $250 per week
- Tuition Fee Per Level $3000.00
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on discounted fees.
- Course learning and assessment material
- Qualified industry expert trainer
- Student support
- Coffee and tea
- Certification upon successful completion